7/16/13

Summer Time Emerald and White Rocker


Over the past week I have been piddling around out on our back patio trying to make a few changes for this summer. The one thing I did do was to insure that all of the furnishings and accessories are durable and both kid and dog safe, so no glass. I have been working on the seating using this image from the June issue of "This Old House" magazine as the inspiration for my arrangement .


I also managed to fall in completely in love with the aqua on the floors and walls. I remember thinking how I would just adore having a color like that somewhere in an outside living space.

So for my arrangement I have one white wicker love seat and one white wicker rocker. Ideally another wicker chair or even love seat would be perfect, but as of right now well I don't have either as an option. I'll have to put my sista Kim on the lookout for one as she is the yard and garage sale queen. In the meantime in an effort to round out my current seating arrangement, I hunted around my home...love to do that...and came up with this old wood rocker I trash picked about a year ago. It was sitting in the kids room with a pile of their c*#p all over it.


Then at Lowes yesterday I spotted this little sample jar of paint by the company Pantone in a color they called "Emerald".  When I Googled the company name I found out that this is their color of the year 2013!!

(This is where you all say "ooooooh pretty")


The color reminded me of the aqua in the magazine's porch picture. So in today's ungodly and thoroughly oppressive heat, I sanded down and painted my old rocker. Now you may ask how HOT was it???

It was so dang hot that the paint was literally drying as fast as I could brush it on!


I painted the seat, back and arms of the chair in the emerald and then decided to paint the bottom portion of the chair in a clean white. 


 Once I finished painting I hopped in the pool with the kiddies for a quick dip...ahhhhh refreshing!!!


Isn't she one crisp and cool looking rocking chair? I think the colors of my outside pillows add the perfect touch!!


I am still working on the patio and as soon as we get a little reprieve in this hotter than Hades heat, I will hopefully finish it up. 

Make sure to stay tuned for the reveal!!!
And try to stay cool my friends.

XO

Sharing this post at parties over at these super blogs...

9 comments:

  1. What a pretty color combination! You gave that worn rocker a whole new life! And I love your inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty . Fresh summery combination Barbara.
    Hugs, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors you chose. It looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow-That looks absolutely amazing! I really like the white bottom. What surprises me is the Pantone color-for some reason I thought it was a much deeper green. I really love it- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your patio looks wonderful and I love the emerald rocking chair. Looks so fresh and inviting. Great place to relax and have a sweet tea .
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks wonderful Barb, so inviting! and I do love that color!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty color! Can't wait for the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your sweet rocker, the color looks so cool and summery!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  9. We just featured your rocker on our Super Saturday Link Party! Come link up some more great projects! We'd love to have you share again at http://bakerette.com/3-super-saturday-link-party/! You have some mah-velous ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. They truly do brighten my day.

Disclaimer

All content provided on 21 Rosemary Lane blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site.

The owner of www.21rosemarylane.com will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at anytime with or without notice.

In addition products mentioned in some of my blog posts are done with the hope that i will render a good review on my blog. Products I review are ones that I have used personally and believe my readers will enjoy.
Copyright © 2014 21 Rosemary Lane. All rights reserved . Powered by Blogger.