2/4/13

Chasing Away the Winter Blues


Well here we are at the beginning of February and I don't know about you but I am ready to leave this deep freeze we have been in and escape on a tropical mini-vacation. So let me take you on a trip to an island where there are swaying palm trees, pink sand beaches, and more golf courses per square mile than any other country in the world. Where is this dream isle, why Bermuda of course!


From just about any airport on the east coast, beautiful Bermuda is a hop skip and a jump away. In terms of flight time, we're talking just two hours or less!



The only real way to get around this 21 mile long 3 mile wide island paradise is...you guessed it...on a moped.


Miles of coastline are surrounded by tranquil tones of turquoise waters.


There are even underground caves to explore at the Grotto Bay Hotel right by the airport.


 I think this area is the prettiest part of the island. It is a small channel lying between the island's capital of Hamilton and the town of St. George, which joins Harrington Sound to the Atlantic Ocean.


And it is known as Flatts Inlet.



The island is filled with history. Below is the unfinished church, a protected historic monument in Bermuda's northern most parish of St. George.



Bermudian homes are the colors of jelly beans with their lime washed rooftops designed to catch the rain water and funnel it in to cisterns below.



We love Bermuda...to me it is one of most intoxicating places in the world. I hope you enjoyed this little getaway...now it's back to another 6 weeks of winter weather until we begin to see the beauty of Spring's return.


XO

Sharing at these wonderful blog parties...

11 comments:

  1. Quite a pretty place to visit! Haven't been there but did take a western Carribbean cruise many years ago and had a wonderful vacay. Wishing you some toasty days and nights in the meantime with fireplaces, blankies, and things that make you feel all cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Wish we could plan a getaway like that! Love your photos (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous place to chase away winter blues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Thanks for the little getaway. Great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy, how wonderful for the two of you to get away in such a beautiful place! Thank you for taking us along with you via your lovely photos!
    dee dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow....now that's my kind of a winter getaway! I loved seeing all your fantastic pictures Barbara!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boy to I need a break from winter!!! Thanks for the tour, so pretty. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never been but this is now on my bucket list for sure. Thanks for sharing.
    p

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous photos! Oh what a fun time, and in the middle of winter....
    extra fabulous! Thanks for taking us along.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. Barbara, We have been to Bermuda twice and it is such a beautiful island! We probably will not be going again since my husband almost went over a cliff with me on the back of a moped. I will stick with islands where we can rent a car....it is safer that way. I enjoyed seeing your beautiful pictures. xx, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Bermuda!It is gorgeous and so close.

    I'm so happy that you've joined the premier of "Oh, the PLACES I've been!" and hope that you will become a regular contributor.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. They truly do brighten my day.

Disclaimer

All content provided on 21 Rosemary Lane blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site.

The owner of www.21rosemarylane.com will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at anytime with or without notice.

In addition products mentioned in some of my blog posts are done with the hope that i will render a good review on my blog. Products I review are ones that I have used personally and believe my readers will enjoy.
Copyright © 2014 21 Rosemary Lane. All rights reserved . Powered by Blogger.