11/28/12

Another Festive Topiary

 
Ok I will admit it...I am on a huge topiary kick this year, I just think there is something regal about them. I also really like to create decorations from simple items I find outside and around my home. A few days ago I made a floor topiary using a tomato cage, to place outside my front door. To see that post click here. Today I created this really simple tabletop topiary with some boxwood, a 97 cent galvanized bucket and spherical floral foam or oasis.
 
STEP ONE:  Cut a piece of the stiff dry floral foam the height of your container. Force the foam into the container. If you want, place a piece or two of floral tape over top of the foam to secure it in place.
 
 
STEP TWO: Find a straight twig and force it into the dry floral foam.
 
 
STEP THREE: Begin to add the sprigs of boxwood to your floral sphere. (Before using this foam soak it on water for about 5 minutes.) I put the sprigs in the sphere starting at 4 points opposite one another to ensure an even look to my topiary.
 
 
 
STEP FOUR: Spear cranberries with toothpicks and poke into the topiary sphere.
 
 
STEP FIVE: Push the boxwood sphere onto the end of the twig. Push until the sphere is halfway onto the twig. Then tie a piece of ribbon to the twig...
 
 
...and you have your finished topiary! I went ahead and made a second one for display in the....well you'll just have to stop back to find out where I decided to put these pretty little topiaries!!!
 
XO
If you like this post please vote for 21 Rosemary Lane by clicking
on the picket fence below.
 
 
Thank you!!!
Sharing this post at link parties over at these super blogs.
Stone Gable
From My Front Porch to Yours
Savvy Southern Style
Cedar Hill Ranch

11 comments:

  1. I just love topiaries. Yours are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're on a roll with the topiaries! This one is beautiful, as well. I may have to create one this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, I LOVE topiaries. Yours are wonderful! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a boxwood or two out front,,might try this one myself..thanks for sharing it is gorgeous. by the way,,how long do they last?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!! Can't wait to make one...two:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cool! It looks like fun. Nice job!

    Sarah
    http://skylarinc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm making a few of these to decorate my dining room table!!! What a great tutorial. Thanks for joining TUTORIAL TIPS AND TIDBITS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. have been reading and enjoying your old posts and had to tell you that you just saved me many $$ as I was going to buy and old topiary at a store for $175. I will be making one of these this year and will link back to your project to show the inspiration piece. thank you for such inspiration. R/sugar at Rivercrest Cottage

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. They truly do brighten my day.

Disclaimer

All content provided on 21 Rosemary Lane blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site.

The owner of www.21rosemarylane.com will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at anytime with or without notice.

In addition products mentioned in some of my blog posts are done with the hope that i will render a good review on my blog. Products I review are ones that I have used personally and believe my readers will enjoy.
Copyright © 2014 21 Rosemary Lane. All rights reserved . Powered by Blogger.