2/21/12

Yummy Taco Lasagna

A couple weeks ago I saw this recipe at one of the many Linky parties I was hooking up to and immediately knew my bunch would love it! So I have to say that I have made this not once but three times since finding the recipe, and my kids and hubby are always asking for MORE! But I feel like such a ding-a-ling because I didn't take note of the blogger who posted this fabulous recipe. So if you "Miss Taco Lasagna Recipe Blogger" happen to see this post...P L E A S E let me know who you are so I can give credit where credit is due! I also want to thank you for helping to make my family very happy!
But with that being said...I simply cannot keep this to myself...I must share!



What you will need...



2-3 lb. ground beef or turkey ( I prefer turkey or even chicken myself)

12-16 oz. cream cheese depending on how creamy you'd like your dish.

Seasonings...chili powder, garlic, onion powder, salt & pepper, cumin and red pepper if you like it hot!
2 jars taco sauce or you can put salsa in the blender with regular tomato sauce if you don't have any taco sauce on hand
 
4 cups shredded cheese or taco blend
About 14-15 lasagna noodles
1 cup of tortilla chips, crushed

What you need to do...
 
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, and then boil lasagna noodles for about 8 minutes

2) Generously season your beef and brown in a skillet. Partially melt cream cheese in microwave and then add to the ground meat and blend.

3) Spray 13×9 pan with cooking spray and then lay out your first 4 noodles lengthwise and then cut one more noodle to fit in perpendicular to the other 4 to completely cover the bottom of the baking dish. Spoon 1/2 of the beef mixture onto the pasta. Pour 1/3 of the taco sauce over the meat, and top with a third of the taco or Cheddar cheese.

4) Make another layer of noodles like the first and then add the other half of the beef, add another 1/3 of sauce, and then another 1/3 of the cheese. Top with last 3 lasagna noodles.

5) Pour the last of the taco sauce on top, then sprinkle on the last of the cheese.

6) Grab a handful of chips and crunch them up on top of the cheese.

7) Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and dish is heated through.

And Enjoy!

XO



Featured on the blog..

{Junk in their Trunk}


 
Linking this post to the following parties...





The DIY Dreamer

Ivy and Elephants

{Junk in their Trunk}

It's Overflowing

Momma Hens Coop
 
 
 
 

 
 







Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
 
 
Sunday's Best Linky Party!

Becolorful
 
 

The DIY Show Off

10 comments:

  1. How yummy!! My family LOVES mexican inspired food. I'll definitely be giving this a try! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. A combination of two of our favorites! This looks delish, I will be trying it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby loves Mexican, so I know this will be a big hit in our house, I am pinning this. I am a new FB fan visiting from the Shady Porch. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delish! I bet my family would love it!

    Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your recipe at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had to check this out, love tacos' and lasagna but never had them together. Great combo, and the recipe sounds really good. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best Par.tay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one we would love at our house too! Thanks for sharing at the Rock ‘N Share!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for linking up...this is being featured today at {Junk in their Trunk}

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love new recipes! So happy you linked to "Cowgirl Up!". I'll be looking for you here next week!
    :) Samantha @ Crafty Texas Girls

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now this looks like a really fun change up from traditional lasagne. Guess I really need to add this one to my to do list too. :D Thanks for sharing it on BeColorful
    pam

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. They truly do brighten my day.

Disclaimer

All content provided on 21 Rosemary Lane blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site.

The owner of www.21rosemarylane.com will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at anytime with or without notice.

In addition products mentioned in some of my blog posts are done with the hope that i will render a good review on my blog. Products I review are ones that I have used personally and believe my readers will enjoy.
Copyright © 2014 21 Rosemary Lane. All rights reserved . Powered by Blogger.