12/31/11

Blog on Fire Award and a Very Happy New Year to All!!!

Thank you so much to Wendi over at Classic Chic Home for awarding 21 Rosemary Lane the Blog on Fire Award today. What a wonderful way to finish out this amazing year. Please take the time to visit professional writer and design enthusiasts Wendi at Classic Chic Home.  I have to say that after visiting her blog it is truly an honor to have this award bestowed upon me by such a talented lady!


But before I go on, I just want to take a moment to comment about awards such as the Liebster Blog, Versatile Blogger, Blog on Fire and any other awards which are given out to bloggers by other bloggers. I know many bloggers prefer to have their blogs be what is called an "Award Free" blog and that is fine. However I happen to feel that these awards are a wonderful way of acknowledging the work of others, and very often it provides a tremendous amount of encouragement for newbies like myself. But the ultimate bottom line for having these awards is simply because it is fun. I personally have no intentions of ever becoming an award free blog because not only is it nice to receive these awards, it is such a great feeling you get when have the opportunity to "Share the Love" by giving them out to others.

So after that being said, let me move on to the conditions for receiving the Blog on Fire Award. They are to share five unique things about yourself, and then pass the torch to five other deserving blogs. However in keeping with the unique idea of sharing 5 quotes instead of 5 unique things about myself, I've decided to share five of my favorite quotes which inspire me, guide me, help me become to be a better person and live a happier life.

Without further adieu, here are my top 5 favorite quotes.

1. "Never let anyone live in your head rent free." ~ Anonymous

2. "If you want children to keep their feet on the ground, put some responsibility on their shoulders." ~  Abigail Van Beuren

3. "The worth of a person is not in what they own or how much they make, yet in how much they give without need for anything in return."

4. "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams...live the life you have imagined." ~ Henry David Thoreau

5. "If you live each day in accordance to God's 10 laws, then you my friend will live a happy life." ~ Chris Curran (my husband)

Now on to the tasks of awarding the Blog on Fire Award to the next well deserving 5 recipients. Since there is no prescribed criteria for giving this award, I decided to go with the title of the award and give it to bloggers whom I think have blogs that are pretty hot tamales! So here I go in no particular order.


1. The lovely ladies over at Take Six. Lisa Tanya and Kathy have a beautifully inspirational blog which is not only pleasing to the eye in regards design and photography, but also provides spiritual food for the soul.

2. Iesha and The Uncluttered Lifestyle. Iesha will simply wow you with her furniture projects, and her blog style is wonderfully "uncluttered"  and  very well written!

3. Holly at Down to Earth Style has such creativity when it comes to incorporating rustic and natural elements in her decorating style...she definitely likes to build in an element of surprise! 

4. Shari from Turnstyle Vogue is a very talented gal and her blog shows it off beautifully. She has a fun writing style and her projects are super cool! 

5. And I chose Jennelise from where else but the blog Jennelise, because of her beautifully romantic styling and fabulous photography.


Congratulations to all of you lovely ladies and have fun passing this award on and sharing the love.

Happy New Year!!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for the award Barbara. I certainly appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Barbara!
    I'm sorry I haven't been in touch sooner! I was away for part of this weekend. Thankyou so much for the award! I am very touched :) Your blog is lovely! I am your newest follower. Take care and Happy New Year!
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. They truly do brighten my day.

Disclaimer

All content provided on 21 Rosemary Lane blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site.

The owner of www.21rosemarylane.com will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at anytime with or without notice.

In addition products mentioned in some of my blog posts are done with the hope that i will render a good review on my blog. Products I review are ones that I have used personally and believe my readers will enjoy.
Copyright © 2014 21 Rosemary Lane. All rights reserved . Powered by Blogger.