9/29/11

From Shabby to Shabby Chic!

I love the Shabby Chic look but to be honest, I would not want it in every room in my house. So I decided what better place to be able to play with this style than in my daughter Grace's room! I started with this old dresser that my parents purchased when they got married in 1956. I'd say this piece owes us nothing!

Before




And transformed it into this...

After


The first step was to sand the whole thing down and then I painted the body white. I removed the old dated drawer pulls, filled in the holes with some wood putty and sanded again. Then I painted the drawers a pale pink color. I wanted to put two glass handles on each of the larger drawers so I had to drill, yes I used a power tool and drilled the new holes in for the new handles!




The next step was to put on a glaze with a touch of color in it. A tiny bit of the color from my living room is what I added to the glaze. After the piece was completely dry, I sanded down the areas that would normally wear to give it a naturally distressed look.


 I also happen to have one of the old matching nightstands!!



And that was it!!! The best part about shabby chic is that the more the furniture wears, the better it looks!


This post is linked to the following...

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. I love how this turned out!
    http://shabbytochicqueencreek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks SJ...there is nothing like old furniture finding a new look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just delightful, I feel so inspired by the work you do, I want to find my own DIY projects!

    :) Hazel
    hazellovesdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Hazel and Lou Cinda for your comments...they are truly appreciated!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! They turned out lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That turned out beautiful! Love it! Thank you for linking up with Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. They truly do brighten my day.

Disclaimer

All content provided on 21 Rosemary Lane blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site.

The owner of www.21rosemarylane.com will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at anytime with or without notice.

In addition products mentioned in some of my blog posts are done with the hope that i will render a good review on my blog. Products I review are ones that I have used personally and believe my readers will enjoy.
Copyright © 2014 21 Rosemary Lane. All rights reserved . Powered by Blogger.