7/21/11

You can meet some of the most interesting people in the paint department of your local Walmart

Today I went to Walmart for fabric and paint for my next project...the yard sale chairs I bought last month. I wanted to do something fun and funky with them, but sometimes my more practical side just won't give in. I'll wax and wane until I have lost all the vision I had when I first bought the item.

But this morning as I was debating on what color I should paint my chairs, a women walked up to me to take a peek over my shoulder. I had been staring at the piece of material I just had cut in the craft department with about 4 different color spray paint cans leaning against it. I had a dark brown, a cherry red, a reddish brown and boring old Ivory. Once I broke out of my trance, I began to tell her that I was going to redo 4 kitchen chairs and this is the fabric for the seats. Then I reached up and grabbed a yellow color called "Bright Idea" and said, "I also debated on this one." She quickly reacted to the color and said "Oh I like that, it's nice and cheery for a kitchen."  Cheery I thought, remembering the yellow kitchen my parents had in  their home, since then I've always loved that idea of yellow in a kitchen.




Well that was all I needed to hear and I put the other 4 cans back in their respective spots on the shelves. I turned to her and thanked her and asked if there was anything I can do to help her because it appeared as if was trying to decided on a paint color herself. She said no and that she was just trying to decided the technique she was going to use on a kitchen drawer project. We then gabbed a little more about painting and she gave me some wonderful ideas for my chairs.





So thank you lady in the paint section of Walmart this morning...I am totally stoked about starting this new project. I would love to find a table to go with my chairs because the flood gates have just opened with all kinds of ideas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. They truly do brighten my day.

Disclaimer

All content provided on 21 Rosemary Lane blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site.

The owner of www.21rosemarylane.com will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at anytime with or without notice.

In addition products mentioned in some of my blog posts are done with the hope that i will render a good review on my blog. Products I review are ones that I have used personally and believe my readers will enjoy.
Copyright © 2014 21 Rosemary Lane. All rights reserved . Powered by Blogger.