10/9/12

Three Fun Food Ideas for a Witch's Bash


How about making your next spooky batch of libations a ghoulish green? This idea was in this October's issue of Country Living magazine. Just add a little green food coloring to your favorite gin or vodka martini. I added a little twist by threading a few extra large black olives through a bamboo skewer for garnish.



This is a super cute idea for a kid's Halloween party. What you will need are some fudge stripped shortbreads, Hershey Kisses, vanilla frosting and some red and yellow food coloring. Mix the food coloring into the frosting to obtain your desired shade of orange. Place the shortbread on a plate, striped side down, and drop a nice size dollop of the orange frosting onto the center of the cookie.  Push a Hershey Kiss into the center of the frosting, this will flatten out the frosting to create an orange sash. I then added some green sprinkles to the top.



Aren't these adorable? OMGosh I found this idea over at a website called Coupon Cousins. All you need are cheese slices, pretzel sticks and chives. Fold a piece of cheese into quarters and then take each quarter and using a knife, cut slits in the cheese to make the fringes. Then break that piece in half and place one half behind a pretzel stick and the other half in front. Take a chive and gently tie the cheese to the stick and you're done.

Update already???  The kids just came home from school and absolutely loved these witch brooms!!!

Starting to get myself in gear for Halloween.
Are you all ready for the 31st???
XO
If you like this post please vote for 21 Rosemary Lane by
clicking on the picket fence below.
  

17 comments:

  1. Oh those cookies look so gooood!!
    What fun food ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barbara. What cute witchy treats. You are so clever and your kids are so lucky!!..Happy Tuesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, everything looks so great, such good ideas!
    ~Audra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas! Those witch hats are fantastic!
    Congratulations!
    Besos from Argentina, Silvina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cookies are so cut but then I got to the brooms and they are adorable too. Great job.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable children's treats. I know my kids will go nuts for the broomsticks.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea, who doesn't love cheese. Great idea, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute! A lot of love comes from your kitchen.

    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun Halloween ideas. I have made the witch hats before and thought they were very cute. Those brooms however are fab! Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  10. A friend sent me your blog and I made the broomsticks for our Witch's Nite Out - Customer Appreciation event last evening...I posted a picture on my blog - they were loved by everyone! Just thought I would share! Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. CUTE ideas!!! I LOVE the broomsticks! I am a martini girl and it's fun to see something creative done with my favorite adult beverage! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL cute / no wonder the kids loved them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. All great ideas! I like the chive tied around the cheese and pretzel as a broom. Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Barbara,

    Wow! What cute ideas. I love the Witchy cookie hats and the pretzel and cheese brooms. :)

    And you blog is neat. I love the header.

    I will be signing up to follow you.

    If you'd like to stop by to visit me here are my addy's

    http://throughthewoods2.blogspot.com
    http://bearcountryprimitives.blogspot.com

    Have that a great day.
    Take care,Janet W

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these ideas! The witches hat and broom look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A great compilation of treats! I loved stopping by:) Thanks for linking up To Whimsy Wednesday!
    Kelly,
    Smart! School {House}
    www.smartschoolhouse.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. They truly do brighten my day.

Disclaimer

All content provided on 21 Rosemary Lane blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site.

The owner of www.21rosemarylane.com will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at anytime with or without notice.

In addition products mentioned in some of my blog posts are done with the hope that i will render a good review on my blog. Products I review are ones that I have used personally and believe my readers will enjoy.
Copyright © 2014 21 Rosemary Lane. All rights reserved . Powered by Blogger.