1/27/12

More Crafts ~ Decorative Paper Ornament


O.k....now you know I am not a crafty person...BUT...I got such a positive response to my Sweetheart Paper Garland post the other day, that I actually went out and bought a book of patterned paper at Walmart. There were a few ideas on the back of the paper books so I thought I'd just Google them when I got home. Unfortunately I couldn't find what I was looking for, so I had to go on the pure memory of what I saw on the back of one of the books. I thought this little decorative ornament was simply adorable.

 






This is all you need to create this delicate little ball...




Or if you have a Die Cut crafting machine you could easily forgo the tedious task of cutting each individual shape. (Like I did)

So I cut about 50 flower shapes to cover my 3 inch diameter Styrofoam ball. I took one flower and pierce it with the pin and then pushed it into the Styrofoam ball...I repeated until the ball was completely covered.


Then I took a piece of ribbon (I used 30 inches of ribbon) and tied the ends together to create a bow. I pushed another pin through the center of the bow and then pushed into the ball and I was done!






Have fun with it!!


This post is linked to the following parties...





Ivy and Elephants


 
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
  





Sunday's Best Linky Party!








MotivatedMondayatBeColorful



Photobucket
  







It's Overflowing



michellepaige

The DIY Dreamer

Somewhat Simple




Chic on a Shoestring Decorating


 
 


Making

20 comments:

  1. That is so cute! You could make them for any holiday. I think I may give this a try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We usually think of ornaments as being Christmas, but here you've made one perfect for Valentines! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Thanks for sharing... you're so creative!
    ~ Wendi ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it and I found a Styrofoam ball when organizing. Beautiful. Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ornament is wonderful! I love finding ideas for handmade creations through linking! Happy Pink Saturday. ~Marti

    ReplyDelete
  6. HPS!


    Love, love, love this ornament!
    You could also use a craft punch to cut flowers.


    Gabriela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Happy Pink Saturday!

    My PINK, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! I never thought of creating one out of paper! I had actually purchased supplies to make something similar around Christmas with some tiny craft flowers I found in the scrapbook department. Unfortunately we never got around to it, so I tucked the supplies away until next year. It never occurred to me to make them for Valentines! Thanks to your post I'm going to pull them back out and make them next week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Barbara,

    I love it! This is such a cute project!!!

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a little cutie! This would look stunning as a decorative ornament on a drawer pull or cabinet pull.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Barbara, this is absolutely beautiful and seems easy to do--my kind of project. I love the flower shapes and the pearls. Who doesn't love pearls! Found you through Ta Da Tuesday. Best, My

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so beautiful! I love the pearlized pins. Would you be willing to link this up to my Valentine Link Party going on now? I'd love to have you! Thanks, Michelle
    http://michellepaige.blogspot.com/2012/01/rockin-valentine-valentine-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is the most BEAUTIFUL ornament I have ever seen!! How long did it take to cut all the little flowers?

    Check out my blog too :) I also have a linky party going on.. I would love it if you shared your creation. PLEASE!!!
    thediydreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just the thing I was looking to make for Valentine's Day. Thanks for showing us how. Best wishes, Linda

    http://twosucculentsisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it, that's so pretty, I want to make one! Need a new blade for my Cricut, need some pearl pins, and I'm ready! I found your link at Chic on a Shoestring, thanks for sharing with us. Stop by to see me sometime if you'd like. Hugs ~ Mary

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your paper creations are all so adorable!

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful project at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very sweet! I can see having so much fun with this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You may just think you are not a crafter. :D. Another great project idea. Thanks for sharing it on Motivated Monday at BeColorful
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi! found you thru DIY Dreamer Pin Board. Cute Ornament! New Linky follower!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. They truly do brighten my day.

Disclaimer

All content provided on 21 Rosemary Lane blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site.

The owner of www.21rosemarylane.com will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at anytime with or without notice.

In addition products mentioned in some of my blog posts are done with the hope that i will render a good review on my blog. Products I review are ones that I have used personally and believe my readers will enjoy.
Copyright © 2014 21 Rosemary Lane. All rights reserved . Powered by Blogger.